The person behind powacht.com
Chief Technology Officer – Zuellig Industrial
As an accomplished senior manager and ERP expert who has led Information Systems operations and projects for several Global Fortune 500 companies and with over 17 years of experience in ERP technology, Michael joined Zuellig Industrial’s head office in Thailand in October 2015. With a wealth of experience in implementing commercial and Open Source ERP software for large and SME-size organizations, Michael understands the unique challenges, weaknesses and strengths of both approaches. Under Michael’s leadership, Zuellig Industrial has replaced Thailand’s obsolete and unsupported ERP business software with a modern, flexible and scalable Open Source ERP system solution. He re-engineered the company’s business processes applying state-of-the-art ERP and industry best-practices. He also strengthened the company’s internal process controls paving the way for an adoption of the new ERP platform across all Zuellig Industrial companies. Michael was instrumental in shifting the company’s IT strategy from an on-premise to a cloud-based service delivery model. In 2019, he introduced a modern VoIP telephone system in the company’s head office. Liaising with KPMG’s IT auditors, he strengthened the company’s internal IT controls, mitigating several process deficiencies in the areas Information Security, User Access Management and Change Management. Michael eagerly follows digital technology innovations and he currently is an advocate of Blockchain technology. Michael has earned a Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency certificate from UC Berkeley:
- ABB Thailand Limited – Bangkok, Thailand – Country IS Manager, ERP Project Manager (17 years)
- ORACLE Austria GmbH – Vienna, Austria – ORACLE Financials ERP Senior Consultant
- IBM Austria and Eastern Europe – Vienna, Austria – Finance and Accounting Systems Analyst (6 years)
Key experiences and achievements
- Eight full-scale, closed-loop ERP implementations of SAP, ORACLE Financials and iDempiere in the roles as project manager and consultant.
- Cross-functional and technical SAP know-how and core competence in Financial Accounting and Controlling modules.
- ERP implementation experience in a wide variety of business scenarios including Make-to-Stock, Make-to-Order, Engineer-to-Order, Manufacturing, Projects, Service and Product Sales.
- Know-how of international and local accounting standards including US-GAAP, IFRS and Thailand GAAP as well as statutory requirements of Thailand.
- Sarbanes Oxley (SOX), compliance and internal control processes.
- Vast international, multi-cultural work experience.
- Operating Systems, databases and programming languages including Linux, ORACLE, DB2, PostgreSQL, Java, SAP ABAP/4 and Golang.